DotAsia Board Elections 2021
- DotAsia Board Elections 2021 Procedures Amended FINAL (redline based on FINAL)
- DotAsia Board Elections 2021 Procedures FINAL (clean version now superseded)
- DotAsia Board Elections 2021 Procedures FINAL (redline based on REVISED DRAFT)
- DotAsia Board Elections 2021 Procedures REVISED DRAFT (clean version)
- DotAsia Board Elections 2021 Procedures REVISED DRAFT (redline based on FIRST DRAFT)
- DotAsia Board Elections 2021 Procedures FIRST DRAFT (clean version)
- DotAsia Board Elections 2021 Procedures FIRST DRAFT (redline based on 2020 final version)
In the development of the Board Elections Procedures (BEP) 2021, feedback received from the DotAsia AGM2020 was taken into consideration by the DotAsia Board, and a preliminary draft circulated for feedback from the Advisory Council. Thereupon, a First Draft of BEP2021 was updated and posted for public comments and announced to DotAsia Members on Nov 4, 2020. Comments received were incorporated and considered by the Board and further feedback from the AC received, and a Revised Draft of the BEP2021 was posted for public comments and announced to DotAsia Members on Dec 2, 2020. Additional comments, legal advice, expert opinion and feedback was further considered by the Board, and a Final BEP2021 was posted on this website and announced to the DotAsia Members on Dec 21, 2020.
On Jan 11, 2021, a Special Advisory was issued regarding disinformation against DotAsia, along with a Board Chair Letter on Recent Issues and Disputes as to Governance, which explained legal advice sought and received by the Board. The legal advice confirmed that the BEP2021 do not conflict with DotAsia’s Articles of Association, and advice also recommended certain changes to the BEP. The DotAsia Board, at its meeting on Jan 20, 2021, accepted the legal advice, and considering that the suggested changes do not affect the already ongoing Nominations Period, resolved to amend the BEP2021 in accordance with the legal advice received. The Election Committee also considered the matter and accepted the amendments. The Amended Final BEP2021 was posted on this website and announced to DotAsia Members on Jan 25, 2021.
In accordance with BEP2021, the timeline for the elections is as follows:
- December 28, 2020 (Mon) – Nomination Period Begins (5 weeks)
- February 1, 2021 (Mon) – Nomination Period Ends
- February 5, 2021 (Fri) – Voting Period Begins (2 weeks) (if necessary)
- February 28, 2021 (Sun) – Annual General Meeting
We are pleased to announce the appointment of the 2021 DotAsia Board Election Committee.
- Election Chair: Mr. Kuo-Wei Wu
- Election Committee Co-Sponsor Members community representative: to monitor election for seat(s) returned from the Sponsor Member category: Ms. Cheryl Langdon-Orr (APRALO)
- Election Committee Sponsor Members community representative: to monitor election for seat(s) returned from the Co-Sponsor Member category: Mr. Andrew Molivurae (.vu)
The term of the current Election Committee is from December 28, 2020 to February 28, 2021. In accordance with the BEP2021, the Election Committee will oversee the election process, declare the election results, and resolve procedural disputes, if any.
In accordance with the BEP2021 Section 2.1: The third-party email address to be used for the Nominations process is dotasiaboardelection[at]gmail.com.
In accordance with the BEP 2021 Section 2.4: Any complaint, disputes and appeals regarding the conduct of the election must be lodged in writing with the Election Chair to dotasiaelectioncommittee[at]gmail.com
Such notices must be lodged no later than 96 hours after the closing of the Voting Period or the Nomination Period if no voting is required. The dispute resolution process is intended for complaints and appeals against the process and not the results of the election.
(Last updated Jan 25, 2021)
DotAsia Board Elections 2011 Final Nomination and Results DotAsia Board Elections 2011 Procedures DotAsia AGM 2011, Hong Kong The DotAsia Board Elections 2011 was held between November 2010 and February 2011. Nominations were conducted electronically and...
DotAsia Board Elections 2010
The DotAsia Organisation Board Elections 2008 details and the final results.
DotAsia Annual General Meeting at APRICOT, Melbourne, 02.17.2020
DotAsia Annual General Meeting at APRICOT, Daejeon, 02.24.2019
DotAsia Annual General Meeting at APRICOT, Kathmandu, 02.24.2018
DotAsia Annual General Meeting at APRICOT, Auckland, 02.21.2017