In support of the Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) .Asia launch, an informational website — www.idn.asia — was setup to aggregate relevant knowledge and news about IDN technologies and policies. The ability for Asians to navigate the Internet in their own native language will bring the Internet to the rest of the people in Asia who do not speak English. Local SMEs in Asia can leverage their existing brand in their native language to build their online presence with an IDN, while global SMEs can become more Asian-friendly by adopting an Asian IDN as their web address. With IDN, users and businesses in Asia will much better recognize the investment value of domain names because of the ability to represent offline identities and concepts online in their native languages. The deployment of IDN has the potential to dramatically expand the domain market in Asia.
- .Asia Top-Level-Domain Introduces Simplified Registration Process – Registrants Outside of the Region Benefit July 17, 2017
- .ASIA Charter Eligibility Requirement Policies COMPLETE July 15, 2017
- This.is.Asia June 2017 Issue June 30, 2017
- .ASIA Charter Eligibility Requirement Policies CANDIDATE RELEASE May 4, 2017
- This.is.Asia April 2017 Issue April 30, 2017