General Registry Policies
- .ASIA General Registry Policy
- .ASIA Charter Eligibility Policy
- DotAsia Memorandum & Articles of Incorporation
- .ASIA Anti-Abuse Policy
- .ASIA Reserved Names Policies
Sunrise & Startup Policies
- .ASIA IDN Sunrise Policies
- One- & Two- ASCII Character .ASIA Release Policies
- .ASIA CJK (Chinese Japanese Korean) IDN Policies
[Version with Tables (15MB)] [AnnexA (10MB) | AnnexB (4MB) | AnnexC]
Advisories & Addendum
- Special Advisory on Disinformation Against DotAsia
(Board Chair Letter on Recent Issues and Disputes as to Governance)
- Special Advisory on DotAsia Organisation’s Nature as a Not-for-Profit Community Corporation
- Special Advisory on Policies Regarding Conflict of Interest, Abandoned Auctions & Disqualifications Due to Non-Payment
- Special Advisory on Auction Tampering
- Sunrise Addendum and Clarifications
- Special Advisory on Sunrise 3
- Pioneer Domains Program Addendum
As part of the Sponsored gTLD agreement with ICANN, DotAsia is responsible for policy development in a number of areas (Appendix S, Part 2. Delegated Authority – http://www.icann.org/en/about/agreements/registries/asia/appendix-s-06dec06-en.htm#2), including for example:
- Establishment of domain naming conventions
- Reservation of names to be withheld from reservation in the TLD (in addition to those names reserved by ICANN and set forth in a schedule by ICANN)
- Reservation of names to be offered for registration other than on a first-come, first-served basis and creation of the policies and procedures under which such names may be registered
- Policies regarding eligibility to register a domain name in the TLD and restrictions and policies on how registered names may be used, which need not be uniform for all names within the TLD
- Procedures and schedule for the start-up or any subsequent sunrise policies and procedures
- Organizational governance policies and operations management will be formulated and maintained by the DotAsia Organisation
- Any other policies or practices not inconsistent with the Agreement, ICANN Temporary Specifications and Policies, or Consensus Policy
Current and Recent Policy Consultations:
|Title||Date Posted||Comment Period Closing||Comments|
Comments can be submitted to our Contact Form. (Please select “Registry Policies” as the topic)
DotAsia has always put security and stability of the Internet as a top priority for our community. The implementation of DNSSEC furthers our commitment to foster a safe and secure environment for...
Asia Pacific Regional Internet Governance Forum (APrIGF) — www.aprigf.asia — has been held annually since initiated in 2010 in Hong Kong. DotAsia has played an important role in bringing...
In support of the Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) .Asia launch, an informational website — www.idn.asia — was setup to aggregate relevant knowledge and news about IDN technologies...
IPv6 World — www.ipv6world.asia — IPv6 World is a conference series to promote the migration of the Internet from the IPv4 based protocol to IPv6. IP (Internet Protocol) is the...
DotAsia Annual General Meeting at APRICOT, Virtual, 02.28.2021
DotAsia Annual General Meeting at APRICOT, Melbourne, 02.17.2020
DotAsia Annual General Meeting at APRICOT, Daejeon, 02.24.2019
DotAsia Annual General Meeting at APRICOT, Kathmandu, 02.24.2018
This is a special advisory issued in response to persistent and ungrounded accusations against the DotAsia Organisation along with its CEO and Board Members, along with harassment of DotAsia Organisation’s staff and professional advisers, perpetrated by certain individuals in recent months.
Congratulations to .Asia’s CEO, Edmon Chung, for his appointment to the ICANN Board of Directors! Edmon joins a distinguished group of internationally represented community and business leaders as...
The DotAsia Board is pleased to announce a series of governance enhancements to the DotAsia Organisation. This announcement of 5 foundational governance documents is the result of a year’s work at the DotAsia Board since May 2019.
DotAsia Organisation Ltd, operator of the .Asia regional top-level-domain is pleased to announce that the .Asia extension has received accreditation from China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) to once again market in China.
With the Youth Olympic Games (YOG) on the horizon, riders in the Asia Pacific region are flexing their muscles to make sure they make it to the first Kiteboarding Olympic event later this year.
To commemorate its 10th year anniversary, operator of the '.Asia' regional top-level-domain, today released its first annual 'Youth Mobility Index (YMI.Asia)' report. YMI.Asia aims to measure the social, geo-physical and digital mobility of younger generations across Asia to better support young Asian entrepreneurs setting out to change the world.