DotAsia Board Elections 2010
- DotAsia Board Elections Results 2010
- Memorandum and Articles of Association (M&A)
- DotAsia Board Elections Procedures 2010
- DotAsia AGM 2010, Kuala Lumpur
Please send comments regarding the Board Elections Procedures to boardelections2010[at]dot.asia
The DotAsia Board Elections 2010 was held between December 2009 and February 2010. Nominations and voting was conducted electronically and according to the finalized Board Elections Procedures 2010, which was drafted based on DotAsia’s Memorandum & Articles of Incorporation. A first draft of the Board Elections Procedures was posted on Dec 2, 2009, and a finalized Board Elections Procedures 2010 was published on Dec 7, 2009.
The nominations period commenced on Dec 9, 2009 and concluded on Jan 13, 2010. The results of the nominations are posted below.
The voting period commenced on Jan 27, 2010 and concluded on Feb 10, 2010. The election results are posted below.
Sponsor Member Category
There were 4 vacancies in the Sponsor Member category and based on the voting results, the following candidates were elected in the Sponsor Member category:
|Alireza SALEH||Middle East, Asia Minor and Eurasia|
|Dr. SIR Jae-Chul||North and Northeast Asia|
|Stafford Guest||Australia and Pacific|
|Joel E. DISINI||South and Southeast Asia|
Co-Sponsor Member Category
There was 1 vacancy in the Co-Sponsor Member category and no voting was required as there was only one candidate nominated for the one vacancy. Below is the candidate who was deemed elected:
Results of the election were ratified in DotAsia’s annual general meeting (AGM) which was held in Kuala Lumpur on Feb 28, 2010.
In this Board Elections, all elected Directors representing each category shall serve on the board for 2 years, and the term of service was to begin from Feb 28, 2010.
As a result, the following persons will form the new board of DotAsia, starting February 28, 2010:
- Che-Hoo CHENG (re-elected)
- Edmon CHUNG
- Joel DISINI (re-elected)
- Atsushi ENDO
- Stafford GUEST (newly elected)
- LI Guang Hao
- LIM Choon Sai
- Tommy MATSUMOTO
- Alireza SALEH (re-elected)
- Dr. SIR Jae-Chul (re-elected)
- Dr. THAM Yiu Kwok
|Alireza SALEH||JPRS (.JP)||CNNIC (.CN)||Candidacy Accepted||Sponsor Member||Middle East, Asia Minor and Eurasia|
|Joel DISINI||IRNIC (.IR)||Internet Users Society-Niue (.NU)||Candidacy Accepted||Sponsor Member||South and Southeast Asia|
|Stafford GUEST||Internet Users Society-Niue (.NU)||JPRS (.JP)||Candidacy Accepted||Sponsor Member||Australia and Pacific|
|Chen-Wen TARN||TWNIC (.TW)||CNNIC (.CN)||Candidacy Accepted||Sponsor Member||North and Northeast Asia|
|Dr. SIR Jae-Chul||KISA (.KR)||JPRS (.JP)||Candidacy Accepted||Sponsor Member||North and Northeast Asia|
|Che-Hoo CHENG||APNG||IDRC/PAN||Withdrawn||Co-Sponsor Member|
Based on the DotAsia Board Elections Procedures 2010:
- Since the number of candidates standing for election in the Co-Sponsor category is equal to the number of vacancies in that category (i.e. we have one candidate and one seat), no voting would be required. Che-Hoo CHENG is therefore deemed elected as he is the only candidate in the Co-Sponsor Member category.
- In accordance with the geographical diversity requirement specified in Article 33. of the M&A, there shall be at least 1 Director elected for each of the 2 Sub-Regions for the Sponsor Member category: Middle East, Asia Minor and Eurasia; and, Australia and Pacific:
- Alireza SALEH is therefore deemed elected as he is the only candidate from the Middle East, Asia Minor and Eurasia sub-region.
- Stafford GUEST is therefore deemed elected as he is the only candidate from the Australia and Pacific sub-region.
- DotAsia have then entered into the voting process, with the following candidates up for election for the two (2) seats left in the Sponsor Member category: Joel DISINI, Chen-Wen TARN, and Dr. SIR Jae Chul.
Bios from these candidates have been collected and sent to members for voting considerations.
Board Elections 2010 Results
|Sponsor Member Category||Votes Received||Remarks|
|Dr. SIR Jae-Chul||6||Elected|
|Joel E. DISINI||4||Elected|
DotAsia Board Elections 2020 Procedures FINAL DotAsia Board Elections 2020 Procedures FIRST DRAFT
DotAsia Board Elections 2019 Final Nomination and Results DotAsia Board Elections 2019 Procedures FINAL DotAsia Board Elections 2019 Procedures FIRST DRAFT DotAsia AGM 2019, Daejeon, South Korea Last updated Mar 25, 2019 The DotAsia Board Elections 2019 was held...
DotAsia Board Elections 2018 Procedures FINAL DotAsia Board Elections 2018 Procedures Second DRAFT (2.0) DotAsia Board Elections 2018 Procedures First DRAFT (1.0) DotAsia AGM 2018, Kathmandu Last updated Feb 24, 2018 The DotAsia Board Elections 2018 was...
DotAsia Organisation Ltd, operator of the .Asia regional top-level-domain is pleased to announce that the .Asia extension has received accreditation from China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) to once again market in China.
DotAsia Board Elections 2019 Final Nomination and Results DotAsia Board Elections 2019 Procedures FINAL DotAsia Board Elections 2019 Procedures FIRST DRAFT DotAsia AGM 2019, Daejeon, South Korea...
It is undeniable that the social media has become part of our lives. To update yourself with the latest posting by the ones you are following is now our daily ritual. At the same time, how to build up a passionate fanbase seems like what many people are thinking in their heads. That’s why we could see people taking selfies in every corner and the ultimate purpose is probably to attract followers to their social media accounts. Though there is not any magic formula to become a YouTuber or a popular Instagrammers, it is not rocket science anyway. Are you following?
With self-confidence and brilliant ideas for new business in your mind, what are you going to do? Having best-in-class products is not enough. Finding the right place for the launch and getting sufficient capital is more crucial. Asia has become a cradle for startups in recent years. To start from zero, young entrepreneurs might get some hints here for their new ventures.