General Registry Policies
- .ASIA General Registry Policy
- .ASIA Charter Eligibility Policy
- DotAsia Memorandum & Articles of Incorporation
- .ASIA Anti-Abuse Policy
- .ASIA Reserved Names Policies
International Domain Name (IDN) Policies
- One- & Two- ASCII Character .ASIA Release Policies
- .ASIA CJK (Chinese Japanese Korean) IDN Policies
[Version with Tables (15MB)][AnnexA (10MB) | AnnexB (4MB) | AnnexC]
Advisories & Addendum
- Special Advisory on Disinformation Against DotAsia
(Board Chair Letter on Recent Issues and Disputes as to Governance)
- Special Advisory on DotAsia Organisation’s Nature as a Not-for-Profit Community Corporation
Past Policies, Advisories & Addendums
- .ASIA IDN Sunrise Policies
- .ASIA IDN Pioneer Domains Program Policies
- Special Advisory on Policies Regarding Conflict of Interest, Abandoned Auctions & Disqualifications Due to Non-Payment
- Special Advisory on Auction Tampering
- Sunrise Addendum and Clarifications
- Special Advisory on Sunrise 3
- Pioneer Domains Program Addendum
As part of the Sponsored gTLD agreement with ICANN, DotAsia is responsible for policy development in a number of areas (Appendix S, Part 2. Delegated Authority – http://www.icann.org/en/about/agreements/registries/asia/appendix-s-06dec06-en.htm#2), including for example:
- Establishment of domain naming conventions
- Reservation of names to be withheld from reservation in the TLD (in addition to those names reserved by ICANN and set forth in a schedule by ICANN)
- Reservation of names to be offered for registration other than on a first-come, first-served basis and creation of the policies and procedures under which such names may be registered
- Policies regarding eligibility to register a domain name in the TLD and restrictions and policies on how registered names may be used, which need not be uniform for all names within the TLD
- Procedures and schedule for the start-up or any subsequent sunrise policies and procedures
- Organizational governance policies and operations management will be formulated and maintained by the DotAsia Organisation
- Any other policies or practices not inconsistent with the Agreement, ICANN Temporary Specifications and Policies, or Consensus Policy
Current and Recent Policy Consultations:
|Title||Date Posted||Comment Period Closing|
|.ASIA Community Reserved Names Policy (DRAFT)||Mar 8, 2022||Apr 8, 2022|
Comments can be submitted to our Contact Form. (Select “Registry Policies” as the topic) or emailed to comments[at]dot.asia.
DotAsia has always put security and stability of the Internet as a top priority for our community. The implementation of DNSSEC furthers our commitment to foster a safe and secure environment for...
APrIGF.Asia: Asia Pacific Regional Internet Governance Forum
Asia Pacific Regional Internet Governance Forum (APrIGF) — www.aprigf.asia — has been held annually since initiated in 2010 in Hong Kong. DotAsia has played an important role in bringing...
IDN.Asia: Think IDN. Think .Asia!
In support of the Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) .Asia launch, an informational website — www.idn.asia — was setup to aggregate relevant knowledge and news about IDN technologies...
IPv6World.Asia: Supporting the Asian Internet’s Move to IPv6
IPv6 World — www.ipv6world.asia — IPv6 World is a conference series to promote the migration of the Internet from the IPv4 based protocol to IPv6. IP (Internet Protocol) is the...
DotAsia AGM 2023, Manila
DotAsia Annual General Meeting at APRICOT, Manila, 02.26.2023
DotAsia AGM 2022, Virtual
DotAsia Annual General Meeting at APRICOT, Virtual, 02.27.2022
DotAsia AGM 2021, Virtual
DotAsia Annual General Meeting at APRICOT, Virtual, 02.28.2021
DotAsia AGM 2020, Melbourne
DotAsia Annual General Meeting at APRICOT, Melbourne, 02.17.2020
DotAsia Board Elections 2023 Procedures
Special Advisory – Composition of DotAsia Board
In early 2018, DotAsia’s bankers requested that we cease listing Board members with nationalities from UN and/or US sanctioned countries as directors. Even though no Board member was (and is) an OFAC Designated individual we understand that banks are free to choose whether or not to accept customers, and upon what terms. DotAsia complied with its bankers’ request and has since received the benefit of such Board members’ contributions in a role somewhat akin to an observer, rather than as director.
DotAsia Board Elections 2022 Procedures
DotAsia Board Elections 2022 Procedures
Special Advisory on Disinformation Against DotAsia
This is a special advisory issued in response to persistent and ungrounded accusations against the DotAsia Organisation along with its CEO and Board Members, along with harassment of DotAsia Organisation’s staff and professional advisers, perpetrated by certain individuals in recent months.
Continued Commitment to the Vision and Mission of DotAsia
An Open Letter and Call for Support Dear DotAsia Board and the Asia Pacific Internet Community, Thank you for the invitation for me to submit to you my ongoing commitment and vision for DotAsia to...
.Kids TLD Registrations Begin Today with Brands First
DotKids Foundation, registry operator for the new “.kids” top-level-domain (TLD), is pleased to announce the commencement of registration for the .kids community TLD. .Kids is the first TLD dedicated to the best interests of kids, so that parents can rest assured that their kids safety online is taken to heart.
Open-Xchange and DotAsia partner to empower SMEs in Southeast Asia
Domain registrars and resellers across Southeast Asia can now include premium email and collaboration tools for their small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) customers, with the creation of a partnership between Open-Xchange and DotAsia.