General Registry Policies
- .ASIA General Registry Policy
- .ASIA Charter Eligibility Policy
- DotAsia Memorandum & Articles of Incorporation
- .ASIA Anti-Abuse Policy
- .ASIA Reserved Names Policies
Sunrise & Startup Policies
- .ASIA IDN Sunrise Policies
- One- & Two- ASCII Character .ASIA Release Policies
- .ASIA CJK (Chinese Japanese Korean) IDN Policies
[Version with Tables (15MB)] [AnnexA (10MB) | AnnexB (4MB) | AnnexC]
Advisories & Addendum
- Special Advisory on DotAsia Organisation’s Nature as a Not-for-Profit Community Corporation
- Special Advisory on Policies Regarding Conflict of Interest, Abandoned Auctions & Disqualifications Due to Non-Payment
- Special Advisory on Auction Tampering
- Sunrise Addendum and Clarifications
- Special Advisory on Sunrise 3
- Pioneer Domains Program Addendum
DotAsia and .Asia Registry Policies are generally developed with an open consultation process. Draft policies are developed, posted publicly and circulated to seek feedback and comments from members, Advisory Council and the public at large.
As part of the Sponsored gTLD agreement with ICANN, DotAsia is responsible for policy development in a number of areas (Appendix S, Part 2. Delegated Authority – http://www.icann.org/en/about/agreements/registries/asia/appendix-s-06dec06-en.htm#2), including for example:
- Establishment of domain naming conventions
- Reservation of names to be withheld from reservation in the TLD (in addition to those names reserved by ICANN and set forth in a schedule by ICANN)
- Reservation of names to be offered for registration other than on a first-come, first-served basis and creation of the policies and procedures under which such names may be registered
- Policies regarding eligibility to register a domain name in the TLD and restrictions and policies on how registered names may be used, which need not be uniform for all names within the TLD
- Procedures and schedule for the start-up or any subsequent sunrise policies and procedures
- Organizational governance policies and operations management will be formulated and maintained by the DotAsia Organisation
- Any other policies or practices not inconsistent with the Agreement, ICANN Temporary Specifications and Policies, or Consensus Policy
Current and Recent Policy Consultations:
|Title||Date Posted||Comment Period Closing||Comments|
Comments can be submitted to our Contact Form. (Please select “Registry Policies” as the topic)
In pursuit of policies for new registry technologies and features as the DNS and the domain industry develops, special policy initiatives are launched by DotAsia. For example to better organize and promote the IDN Language Policies, DNSSEC implementation, etc.
DotAsia has always put security and stability of the Internet as a top priority for our community. The implementation of DNSSEC furthers our commitment to foster a safe and secure environment for...
Asia Pacific Regional Internet Governance Forum (APrIGF) — www.aprigf.asia — has been held annually since initiated in 2010 in Hong Kong. DotAsia has played an important role in bringing...
In support of the Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) .Asia launch, an informational website — www.idn.asia — was setup to aggregate relevant knowledge and news about IDN technologies...
IPv6 World — www.ipv6world.asia — IPv6 World is a conference series to promote the migration of the Internet from the IPv4 based protocol to IPv6. IP (Internet Protocol) is the...
View article: https://www.dot.asia/policies/DotAsia-Charter-Eligibility--COMPLETE-v4.5-2017-07-15.pdf
View article: DotAsia-Charter-Eligibility--CANDIDATERELEASE-v4.4-2017-05-04.pdf
View Article: DotAsia-Charter-Eligibility--FINALDRAFT4.2-2017-03-07-1.pdf
Title Date Posted Comment Period Closing .ASIA Charter Eligibility Requirement Policies 2-February-2017 22-February-2017 Submitted Comments: Submitted by Organisation/Affiliation Date Comment Christian Müller Cronon AG 9-February-2017 Hi, we would support more open...
With the Youth Olympic Games (YOG) on the horizon, riders in the Asia Pacific region are flexing their muscles to make sure they make it to the first Kiteboarding Olympic event later this year.
To commemorate its 10th year anniversary, operator of the '.Asia' regional top-level-domain, today released its first annual 'Youth Mobility Index (YMI.Asia)' report. YMI.Asia aims to measure the social, geo-physical and digital mobility of younger generations across Asia to better support young Asian entrepreneurs setting out to change the world.
The .ASIA Crystal Ball Sees A Bright Future Following Liberalised Eligibility: Leona Chen-Birkner Interview
Recently the .asia top level domain made a number of changes to eligibility, the main one being to enable anyone, anywhere with an interest in Asia to register a .asia domain name. As the Asian region expands, and Asian communities around the world grow and diversify, there are some great opportunities ahead. There are challenges ahead for .asia, as with any top level domain, but their experiences can also be instructive. Recently Leona Chen-Birkner, Vice President of Registrar Relations for DotAsia Organisation, sat down with Domain Pulse to discuss DotAsia's experiences, and what the future looks like.
.Asia Top-Level-Domain Introduces Simplified Registration Process – Registrants Outside of the Region Benefit
DotAsia Organisation, registry operator of the .Asia top-level-domain, announces new simplified registration process for .Asia domain names. Businesses and individuals acquiring .Asia names are no longer required to provide proof of locality during registration.
第二届DOMAINfest@IoN.Asia于2016年9月20日在香港数码港举办开幕仪式，为期3天的会议正式开始。而在9月19日下午，一些前期会议已经如火如荼的展开了。 上图，9月20日上午，左起DotAsiaCEO Edmon Chung钟宏安 ...