DotAsia Board Elections 2022
- DotAsia Board Elections Procedures FINAL (redline based on 2022 second draft)
- DotAsia Board Elections Procedures SECOND DRAFT (clean version)
- DotAsia Board Elections Procedures SECOND DRAFT (redline based on 2022 first draft)
- DotAsia Board Elections Procedures FIRST DRAFT (clean version)
- DotAsia Board Elections Procedures FIRST DRAFT (redline based on 2021 final version)
- Notice Of DotAsia Board Elections 2022 FINAL (redline based on first draft)
- Notice Of DotAsia Board Elections 2022 FIRST DRAFT
(Last updated Dec 23, 2021)
This notice provides the dates and details of the DotAsia Board Elections in accordance with the DotAsia Board Elections Procedures (BEP – https://dot.asia/BGC-004/)
- December 27, 2021 (Mon) – Seating of the Board Election Committee
- December 28, 2021 (Tue) – Nomination Period Begins (4 weeks)
- January 25, 2022 (Tue) – Nomination Period Ends
- January 30, 2022 (Sun) – Nominations Report sent to the Board
- January 31, 2022 (Mon) – Voting Period Begins (2 weeks) (if necessary)
- February 4, 2022 (Fri) – Call for Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- February 27, 2022 (Sun) – Annual General Meeting
- February 27, 2022 (Sun) – New elected Board members assume office
- Sponsor Member: 4
- Co-Sponsor Member: 1
Directors whose current term is to be expired on February 27, 2022:
|Nicole CHAN||Sponsor Members||North and Northeast Asia|
|Billy CHEON||Sponsor Members||North and Northeast Asia|
|Maureen HILYARD||Sponsor Members||Australasia and Pacific|
|Alireza SALEH*||Sponsor Members||Middle East, Asia Minor and Eurasia|
|Satish BABU||Co-Sponsor Members||N/A|
* Note: Alireza SALEH had been serving on the Board as an Observer Member.
The remaining Board of Directors from the Sponsor Members category (from the Board Elections 2019) include:
|Santanu ACHARYA||Sponsor Members||South and Southeast Asia|
|Andi BUDIMANSYAH||Sponsor Members||South and Southeast Asia|
|Jose Emmanuel DISINI||Sponsor Members||South and Southeast Asia|
|Ellen STRICKLAND||Sponsor Members||Australasia and Pacific|
Upon the expiration of the term for the Directors, there will be no remaining Director coming from the following Sub-Regions:
- North and Northeast Asia
- Middle East, Asia Minor and Eurasia
Therefore in accordance with the geographical diversity requirement specified in Article 33 of the M&A, there shall be at least 1 Director elected for North and Northeast Asia and the Middle East, Asia Minor and Eurasia.
DotAsia Board Election Committee for the Board Elections 2022:
Election Chair: Ms. Cheryl Langdon-Orr
Election Committee Co-Sponsor Members community representative: to monitor election for seat(s) returned from the Sponsor Member category: Mr. Kuo-Wei Wu (TWIGF & APrIGF)
Election Committee Sponsor Members community representative: to monitor election for seat(s) returned from the Co-Sponsor Member category: Mr. Andrew Molivurae (.vu)
The term of the Election Committee for the Board Elections 2022 is from December 28, 2021 to February 27, 2022. In accordance with the Board Elections Procedures (BEP), the Election Committee will oversee the election process, declare the election results, and resolve procedural disputes, if any.
DotAsia Board Elections 2021 Results DotAsia Board Elections 2021 Procedures Amended FINAL (clean version) Special Advisory on Disinformation Against DotAsia (Board Chair Letter on Recent Issues and Disputes as to Governance) Drafts: DotAsia Board Elections 2021...
DotAsia Board Elections 2020 Final Nominations and Results DotAsia Board Elections 2020 Procedures FINAL DotAsia Board Elections 2020 Procedures FIRST DRAFT DotAsia AGM 2020, Melbourne, Australia (Last updated Jan 15, 2020)The DotAsia Board Elections 2020 is held...
DotAsia Board Elections 2019 Final Nomination and Results DotAsia Board Elections 2019 Procedures FINAL DotAsia Board Elections 2019 Procedures FIRST DRAFT DotAsia AGM 2019, Daejeon, South Korea Last updated Mar 25, 2019 The DotAsia Board Elections 2019 was held...
DotAsia Annual General Meeting at APRICOT, Virtual, 02.28.2021
DotAsia Annual General Meeting at APRICOT, Melbourne, 02.17.2020
DotAsia Annual General Meeting at APRICOT, Daejeon, 02.24.2019
DotAsia Annual General Meeting at APRICOT, Kathmandu, 02.24.2018